Am 2016-04-02 14:38, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
On 2016-04-02 13:16, Santiago A. wrote:
similar should be done. You would need to make compulsory a command in
source code to tell which code set is using.

As a contract programmer I already struggle working on code where
identifiers, Class names, methods, code comments etc are written in
non-English [I fully agree its their right to do so, as it is not
feasible to think everybody can speak or write English]. But adding
different character sets to the mix will massively increase that hurdle.

I used to strictly oppose non-english code as well. A colleague actually managed to convince me that there are indeed reasons for "localized" identifiers: in some projects the customers (usually with some industrial background) have pretty specific wordings or use of the language. If developers now start introducing
their own wording (due to translating back and forth) you complicate the
communication and synchronization between business unit and development team. In such special cases I now "accept" said code style. (Although I still don't
like it ;-))