On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:57:33 +0100
"Dan Stefan Rundberget" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am realy sorry to bother everybody with this question but I just can't
> use lazarus if I'm not sure I'm doing everything legaly. I guess I
> expressed my self a little unclear. So I will try again. Joost van der
> Sluis said that "The GTK-library isn't linked into your binaries" so does
> this mean I don't have to think about the ordinary LGPL all, and only
> follow the modified LCL-LGPL?
>
> (The ordinary LGPL is more restrictive than the LCL-LGPL.)

Yes and yes.

You have to bother, if you static link the gtk libs.
Or if you use some other units with another license.
But using the LCL, FCL, RTL, IDEIntf is modified LGPL and therefore you can
link the compiled files (.o files) into a non LGPL application.
Note: If you change the LCL, ..., then you must publish the changes.

Mattias