Lee Jenkins wrote:

I have tried to almost two days straight, ignoring just about everything else in my business to get some kind of workable database access through Lazarus without any success.

This morning, I even tried installing from source and that seemed to go OK except for the fact that I still cannot install any non-default components into the IDE.

The IBConnection components don't recognize the .so libraries for firebird. I cannot install UIB.

At this point I am all out of ideas and patience.

* Reinstall from rpm again?
* Rebuild source again?
* Install from source again?
* Try to reinstall components that will not install again?

Oh, and I forgot, thanks to everyone for their time and patience ;)

I'm just a bit frustrated right now, lol.

Hi,

You might want to try finding all instances of lazarus executable
in your entire system with a file manager started as root, by
searching from '/' directory with 'include subfolder' options.
Try them one by one and maybe you might find one that has the
components that you installed.

If you do find it, you'll at least know where your compiled
lazarus executable went. If not, then its a bizarre bug.
(I have all SQLDB components on my component palette.)

Another option is to specify where you want your compiled
lazarus executable to end up by specifying a target directory
in Tools->Configure "Build Lazarus", and rebuild lazarus.

HTH,
Funky Beast