Hi all,

I have a question about binary compatibility for linux programs that I write in Lazarus/Freepascal.

I've done some googling, but am still unsure as to the answer to my question. Namely, if I do not provide source to a program, but still want to distribute it, can I compile the binary on a specific platform and run it on another without re-compiling?

For instance, can I compile on a i686 box and run the binary on a 586 box as it is, compiled for 32bit? Or can I 32 bit binary run on a 64 bit linux?

Sorry, I know it's a bit OT.

Thank you.

--

Warm Regards,