Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho ha scritto:
Mark, could you point us to how to fix this? (Which is something much
better to do rether then pointlessly arguing about this)

What exactly is theming support? How does one implement it? Are there
functions in Gtk to retrive the colors for the theme, and then you use
them and set the color for the app?

And how could one set the color of a form? I searched a lot, but the
code is a bit hard to understand. There are several layers of
components on a TForm on gtk. There is a normal widget, then a
scrolling widget, then another widget to make the client area separate
from the menu, and then another thing...

I tried to debug, step by step, and one gets up to the point where a

TGtkWidgetSet.SetWidgetColor

is executed in gtkobject.inc, which finally calls a

gtk_widget_set_style(aWidget,windowStyle)

after setting some windowStyle fields.
The same procedure is used for other widgets, such as buttons, where it works.

Maybe the catch is in either setting windowStyle fields, or in calling the set_style method.

From Glade I understand that a GTK form has no background color in itself (just a transparent background, about Style consistency!) but only a bitmap, so maybe a form widget should be treated differently from other widgets. Either setting other fields of windowStyle, or using a different method if AWidget is a form.

If nobody is more knowledgeable, we may attempt the hard way, of trial and error, such as setting different windowStyle fields, or a different approach, tampering with form's canvas (as I currently do, but from the application).

Giuliano