* Graeme Geldenhuys wrote, On 18/04/07 11:15:
> On 4/18/07, Marc Weustink <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> > Or maybe WinGDI ?
>> >
>> > Because it uses the GDI library widgets...
>>
>> Good one
>
> I agree, this one makes the most sense.  Even better might be 'GDI' on
> it's own.  I don't know of any other platform that has a GDI library
> other than Windows.
I do; my gnu/linux installation has gdi libraries.
Inkscape and OpenOffice use them (OK, not for widget drawing AFAIK, but...)
> Also non of the other widget sets mention the OS
> in the name.
>
> For example we have
>  GTK1    not   LinuxGTK1   or  WinGTK1
>  Qt          not   WindowsQt  or  WinQt or LinuxQt
>
> so GDI  should be fine on it's own.

GDI is what the winAPI uses. At least the win32 API does, maybe the
win64 API doesn't use GDI...?? Anyone know? Not that it matters, we
shouldn't name the widget set after the drawing libraries used by the
widgets we are wrapping.

I go for win or mswin, or wingdi / gdiwin if we have to.

Sam