David Lyon schreef:
Vincent Snijders wrote:
I mean, do you think Lazarus is ready for 1.0, if there are more than 700 open bug reports? To me, this is not only an indication that Lazarus is being used, but also that it is not ready for 1.0 yet and adding new components to it is the way to get it 1.0 ready.
I was told early in my career that if you can't find at least 1000 defects in a complex software project then the testers aren't doing their jobs properly :-)

Hey, it's a ver. 1.00. That already tells users to expect one or two things that don't work correctly to be sorted out in ver. 1.10

One or two <> More than 700.

I have no problem with one or two.

More importantly, we have a deadline approaching....

Systems-2007

promotion time.....

So what? Don't you think it is misleading to call something as bug laden as Lazarus 1.0? You only can get away with that, if you are a commercial entity. Open source has higher standards.

so we should be looking to exploit all the hard effort so far and show off a bit.... maybe we can even find some commercial sponsors to help with funds to do it...

right ?

Maybe.

Vincent