On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:04:50 +0200 (CEST)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > On 11/09/2007, Michael Van Canneyt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> My Delphi 7 definitely doesn't do the described behaviour by
> >> default; Only
> >> if I press ctrl-j after the begin.
> >>
> >> (Nor would I want it to do this automatically)
> >
> > As far as I know that code template / code completion feature was
> > introduced in Delphi 2005 onwards.  Delphi 7 and earlier used Ctrl+J
> > like Lazarus does.
> >

> Invoking code completion with enter is also the way that vb works.

(IMHO the vb is an example how a source completion function should *not*
work, although I understand why MS did it in this case)

Code templates can now be invoked on Enter and/or Space (see the Code
Template options).
I tried the begin+Enter template example and find it very annoying.
To insert a new line I often use End+Enter. If the 'begin' is the last
word, it now misunderstands it as template.
It would be better to write a small macro function, that checks if an
'end' is missing and adds it only if needed.

The ;=+Space to := works nice. Maybe I will add this template to the
defaults.

Mattias