On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Arí Ricardo Ody wrote:

> We have lots of Lazarus projects here. It would be almost impossible to debug
> each one and report error(s).

I must say I am surprised by all the bug reports of an 'unstable' lazarus:
I'm running Lazarus 0.9.25, revision 12870, and it's running very stable.
I would definitely say it is the most stable version I've had yet.

As for not being able to open older projects' form files: this can be
expected, and should normally be a 1-time issue if you correct the .lfm
files. It can happen too if you switch between Delphi versions. (although
usually in the other direction: opening newer form files with older delphi
versions)

I agree that ideally, in the interest of backwards compatibility,
it should not happen. Maybe the LFM loader can implement some list of
'known cases' and handle those transparantly or gracefully. A simple
textfile in the lazarus directory could list the 'known' cases.

Michael.