Hess, Philip J wrote:
You can launch a program via file extension with both Windows and Mac,
but I'm not aware of any standardized way to do this on Linux. You can
see how the HelpUtil.pas in this toolkit does it with OS X and Linux:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/XDev_Toolkit

Thanks, looks interesting. I must confess that I've never got into creation of Windows help files via RTF since we've never really been a Windows "shop" when it comes to development.

Can ViewDoc start at a given location in the file? Otherwise I think it's back to looking at the htmlhelp stuff to see whether it supports a fragment specification in the URL.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk