At 18:37 16-1-2008, you wrote:
Hi,

2008/1/16, Christian U. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > OK guys now I OFFICIALLY close this very long, long thread! :)
> Are you trying to create an patch ?
> If not please inform me than i will do.

I have just found a method to move ALL the debug data and symbols to
an external .dbg file, obtaining a just stripped compiled file and the
full debug functionalities (only with the .dbg file presents).

Currently I must execute 3 steps to obtain this (after every compilation).

I'm working to can do all with a single step (just on beta testing)! :)

I can see only 2 steps:

$ objcopy -R .text -R .data lazarus.exe lazarus1.dbg
$ strip lazarus.exe

Resulting files:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 peter None 41551141 Jan 16 18:50 lazarus.dbg
-rwxrwxrwx 1 peter None  7610368 Jan 16 18:51 lazarus.exe

And for debugging:

$ gdb lazarus.exe
(gdb) br main
No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command.
(gdb) symbol-file lazarus1.dbg
Reading symbols from /cygdrive/d/lazarus/lazarus.dbg...done.
(gdb) br main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x401bf9: file lazarus.pp, line 77.
(gdb)

Peter