On Jan 20, 2008, at 8:00 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

On 20/01/2008, Damien Gerard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I better understand with all these explanations. Thanks to all !

Again, I disagree.  ;-) I did a study on this. I opened a random set
of applications that have things like File Dialogs and Font Dialogs.
You will be amazed at the amount of different dialogs being used. They
are not all the same - some look similar though.  Some dialogs in
applications don't have the shortcut bar on the left etc... This was
true for Windows and Gnome. KDE was the most consistent of them all.

I've already put some thought into adding a shortcut feature in File
Open and File Save dialogs.  fpGUI's font dialog is much better (or
will be) than Windows or GTKx's ones. It has a Collections column
sorting fonts by "All fonts", "Recently Used", "Favourites", "Fixed
Width", "Sans", "Serif" and "Font Aliases".  Other improvement to any
dialog type could easily be added if needed.  Overall they work
similar to all other 'native' dialogs, so the user will have no
difficulty in using them.

I don't think the Font dialog matters under win and Unix (for now).
But for Open and Save dialogs it was a criteria for my clients when they saw the different prototypes, the same for integration for the OS (that means a version for Ubuntu and a version for KDE and a Windows version with the good themes)

--
Damien Gerard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Le temps n'a pas d'importance. Seul le code est important
   -- (f00ty)