Andreas Berger wrote:
Could I have some idea as to what you are using to generate reports? Do you use internal report generators like :LazReport or external ones? LazReport seems to be an incomplete implementation of FreeReport which is also way outdated. Can some one please give me some hints.

Thanks,
Andreas

There is also PowerPDF, but I think this would be useful only through code as the designer seems built more for static pages. But through code, seems to work like TCanvas from the little I've played with it.

I've been toying around with writing a simple report generator.

Report.AddDatasource(myObjectList);
Report.AddDetail;
Report.Detail.AddView('SalesTotal', otText, myObjectList, 'MyField');

I realize there is a lot involved with writing even a simple report engine, but I wonder if much of the work can be leveraged by just outputting to ODF format.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"Everything I needed to learn in life, I learned selling encyclopedias door to door."