You are correct about the G450 in Windows.  In Windows changes to gamma
in the driver affect both monitors and the gamma dialog does not have
the ability to specify which display is being adjusted.  In Linux only
monitor 0 is affected even though the Kgamma dialog lets the user
select different monitors.  So in this respect the drivers behave
differently.  But if the driver only has one LUT how come monitor 1 is
not affected when the LUT is changed?

So if I understand you X will support independent LUTs if the driver
and hardware also support this.  If that is the case then this is good
news and it is just a mater of finding a card/driver that has this
feature.  Does anyone here know which cards/drivers will work?

Hal

On Sunday 05 September 2004 17:57, Stefan Döhla wrote:
> Hi Hal,
>
> > All of these will change the primary display when S 0 is used and
will
> > do nothing when S 1 is used.  Values other than 0 and 1 return an
> > error message from the xserver.  I am running XFree86 4.3.99 with
the
> > 2.6.5 kernel and KDE 3.3.  So is it me or does everyone have this
same
> > problem?
>
> this depends on your video card and the driver for XFree. Matrox G400
> cards do have only one Video-LUT for both display devices. You will
> have the same problem when using Win32.
>
> Intel's i865G supports Video-LUTs but does not have a complete driver
> for XFree right now. NVidia Riva128 drivers for Win2000/XP had a bad
> implementation: Your display became grayscale when using
AdobeGamma...