> Your assumption is wrong. I'm looking at the openldap man page for slapd
right now, and I don't see any information about how I make it print the bdb version while it is running. I have tried different google searches but found nothing about this. I guess I don't use the right search words, but I have no idea what words to use. I just thought that some friendly soul would have this information, and was willing to share. I sure know that if I knew the answer I would certainly help out here.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ /usr/local/libexec/slapd -VV
@(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.6 (Oct 31 2007 16:29:30) $

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/anything/src/openldap/openldap-2.4.6/servers/slapd

But it won't print bdb version until after it opens the bdb env.

Unless I'm mistaken....

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.