On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 15:26:59 -0400
Terry Gardner <terry.gard...@sun.com> wrote:

> The 'sn' attribute is required to be present and populated in
> entries that have the 'inetOrgPerson' objectClass, that is,
> 'inetOrgPerson' should be used where a fully populated entry is
> available - it is a "MUST" attribute, not a "MAY" attribute.

I realize that. Unfortunately, I cannot leave it blank, not can I
simply enter a <space> character in a normal fashion. I had thought
that I could use base64 encoding to enter a <space> character; i.e.,
IA== however, that does not seem to be working even when I use the
double :: colon marks and I am not sure why.

In order to get around this, I am being forced to manually enter a N/A
entry into the field.

By the way Terry, please do not CC: or send me directly. I am a member
of the list and will receive the reply normally.

--
Jerry
ges...@yahoo.com