Thanks to the student progress system
our school district is using I know if there is a problem with one of my
kids before the report cards come out.   Also, teachers are not spending
a good deal of their time talking to the parents but rather they are
spending more of their time, well hopefully, teaching.

This is actually what concerns me about my daughter's school.  She's a
first grader and they want to post her and her classmates' (w/ naive
parents permission, of course) pictures and names along with progress
info on a website, no login or anything to protect that info.  It
scares me that any weirdo out there can then view my daughter's
picture, know her name, and what school she goes to.  I think we are
often not careful enough about what we allow others to display on the
web.

If it were behind a password-protected site, then maybe it would be
another thing.  Sorry - just ranting about a recent frustration with
the schools here in Utah.

Jesse

--

#!/usr/bin/perl