I haven't played with this much, but one of the things on the list of stuff
to "play with one of these days" is using redirect to provide for an
'internal server' machine, similar to the way the low-end firewall boxes do.
I *think* this would work properly for everything from game servers to VPN
access, although security in such a situation isn't the greatest (although
it's not too bad if combined with port-forwarded DMZ rules).

Charles