i have problems with the dachstein rc1 cd. The machine boots from cd,
identifies the cdrom at hdd as ATAPI 2xCDROM and then cannot load the other
packages (etc.lrp ...).
it just says: could not mount the boot device can't install packages.
I have not floppy inserted and no harddisk (now) in this machine...

For some reason, the system is not automatically detecting your CD-Rom on
/dev/hdd.  I'll try to re-create this here and fix the init-scripts (if
they're broken), but in the meantime, you can probably get going with the
following procedure:

Start with a blank floppy, or the bootdisk.bin image if your system won't
boot from CD with a floppy disk in the drive.

Create a file called "pkgpath.cfg" on the blank floppy.

edit pkgpath.cfg, so it contains a single line with the text:
/dev/hdd:iso9660

NOTE:  This file may need a unix EOL...I'm not sure what will happen if the
init script sees a carrige return as well as a line-feed...another thing to
test :)

Charles Steinkuehler
http://lrp.steinkuehler.net