David,
I should know better than to post this early in the morning. I didn't
express myself well. See in-line comments below for an explanation. Sorry. :-(

At 2002-02-16 05:42 -0800, Mike Noyes wrote:
>At 2002-02-16 07:25 -0600, David Douthitt wrote:
>>On 2/15/02 at 10:15 PM, David Douthitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > Perhaps what we NEED is a test suite - a sort of
>> > minimalist "autoconf" which details what works and what
>> > doesn't...
>>
>>Like this:
>>
>>Checking for busybox date.... no
>>Checking for busybox install.... no
>>Checking for ip... yes
>>Checking for netstat... no
>>Checking for route... no
>>Checking for ifconfig... no
>>
>>...etc...
>
>David,
>Would it be possible to apply something like this to package testing.

Scratch the question above and replace it with:

Would it be possible to parse the autoconf output above for package testing?

>  e.g.

Checking package file structure: OK

>Checking for program name: foo.bar
>Checking for program version: 1.00
>Checking for libc version: 2.1.3
>Checking compatibility with Bering...

     Parsing Bering autoconf output: no

>Checking compatibility with Dachstein...

     Parsing Dachstein autoconf output: no

>Checking compatibility with Oxygen...

     Parsing Oxygen autoconf output: yes

>Checking compatibility with PacketFilter: no

     Parsing PacketFilter autoconf output: no

>Checking compatibility with WRP: no

     Parsing WRP autoconf output: no

--
Mike Noyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>