On Tuesday 03 September 2002 21:27, Erich Titl wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am trying to build a UML environment according to Jacques/Eric's info.
>
> applying the uml patch works fine, but the bering patches are not all
> appliccable.
>
> Should I step back to 2.4.18 or just ignore the Patch diagnostics for the
> rejected hunks.
>
>From the above I understand that you are trying do use a 2.4.19 kernel?

If so I confirm that 2.4.18 Bering patches won't apply cleanly and need some
tweaking. The only serious pb is with the newnat13-and-helpers patch which
just cannot be applied. You need the update from
http://www.roeder.goe.net/~koepi/newnat.html
But this is untested. You will also need to move to iptables-1.2.7a :-)

Moving to 2.4.19 is not in the priority list.
Bering V1.0-rc4 and/or final will be 2.4.18 based.

But if you are using UML my guess is that you probably do not need any of
Bering patches which are optionnals unless you are trying to do something
very specific.
Also note that you should not apply grsecurity patch on a UML kernel

Alt this stage I guess I need more info about what you are trying to achieve.

2.4.18 Bering patched UML kernel are available on the LEAF download area

Jacques