Eric B Kiser wrote:

> You must mean inside that really obvious directory named /lib. Urgh, it is
> now probably a moot point to mention that I am a newbie. Your patience is
> appreciated.
>
> Here is where I am now. I execute the command #zebra -d to start the zebra
> process running as a daemon and I get the following message back.
>
> zebra: error in loading shared libraries
> libcrypto.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

<snip />

There is a very real difference between these two (2) libraries:

        libcrypt
        libcrypto

The latter is part and parcel of openssl; perhaps, also some other
libraries.

How are you compiling zebra?  On what <describe> system?  With what
libraries?

You probably need to do what we have done for openssh, which is to
statically link libcrypto during openssh compile . . .

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .