On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 11:16, Vladimir I. wrote:
> Mike Noyes wrote about "Re: [leaf-devel] ML volume":
> > If we decide to create release/branch specific lists, I will create one
> > for each of our releases/branches. It's the only fair thing to do.
>
> Mike, depends on how you view it. If we treat mailing lists as
> some kind of benefits to the branch authors, then yes, we need to
> be fair and everybody should have the same benefits. I wouldn't
> treat them like that. I'd rather treat mailing lists as a tool
> for communication and their splitting as a way to reduce load on
> the readers.

Vladimir,
Right now I view them as a common communication medium. As soon as we
attach release/branch names to MLs, I feel I have to treat them as a
release/branch resource.

> As for web-based forums - personally I don't like them because
> they're inconvinient. Especially considering that I have 500+ ms
> ping to Sourceforge.

I agree. I'm especially concerned with diagnostic information (line
wrapping, etc.).

--
Mike Noyes <mhnoyes @ users.sourceforge.net>
http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/