Certainly, after all this time some of you have been using this stuff
with LEAF, there must be a HOWTO?

Anyway, I am about to embark down that road and I'm hoping that we can
start a thread to consolidate the DO's and DONT's for using this type of
media with LEAF.

Some of the first questions that come to mind, for which I did not find
answers in the archives:

[1] Are we limited to IDE?  Does anybody have USB working?

[2] What types of media are actually working well?  Has anybody tried
the new XD?

[3] What are the best media readers/adapters?  Are there brands and/or
models to be avoided?

[4] What about this write protect issue?  Is it safe to assume that
_all_ units have this facility?  What is the nomenclature to communicate
this requirement to vendors?

I am sure that I will have more questions.  Perhaps, unless there
already is one that I've overlooked, perhaps, I can write a HOWTO in a
few months . . .

What do you think?

--

Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
888.250.3987

Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we
think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .