Am Freitag, 28. Februar 2003 16:02 schrieb Mike Noyes:
> Everyone,
> I made a mistake when I originally created the 'uclibc' directory
> without major.minor numbers. I believe the name should have been
> 'uclibc-0.9'. I updated our bin/packages README with information that
> should avoid this problem in the future. Please let me know if the
> README is understandable. Thanks.

We need uclibc-0.9.15 like the glibc dirs...

> ref. README
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/leaf/bin/packages/
>

> Bering-uClibc team,
> I greatly appreciate you efforts committing packages to our package
> repository. However, I see a few structure problems with the committed
> files/directories.
>
>     * There is a kernel file (linux-2.4.20.upx) in our packages
>     repository.

Can you give me a link?

>     * A subdirectory (0_9_15) was created -- probably my fault as noted
>     above.

Yes; there are some files which are specific for Bering-uClibc release but
unrelated to uClibc version, like etc.lrp, others are just the files we use
for the floppy image - like modules.lrp unspecific to uclibc.
In the subdir you find files compiled with uClibc version 0.9.15.  Since
uClibc is under development, there is no guarantee at the time for binary
compatibilty - in fact 0.9.18 has broken it. If we change uClibc version we
have to recompile and have have a new cvs dir - either
leaf/bin/packages/uclibc-0.9.18
or as we thought
leaf/bin/packages/uclibc/0_9_18

The first one needs your intervention, the second solution allows us to work
without bothering you.

>     * I see no Bering-uClibc specific packages in your bin/bering-uclibc
>     directory. I don't understand how this is possible.

You'll find two subdirs, cd (for iso-images) and fd0u1680 (for floppy images).
This is not really necessary and IMHO we can move them one dir up - the file
names should be clear enough.

> Proposed Solutions:
>
>     A) Move all packages (.lrp) in bin/packages/uclibc and
>     bin/pakcages/uclibc/0_9_15 to bin/packages/uclibc-0.9. Move all
>     other files to bin/bering-uclibc.

(Bering-uClibc team,
Here is a slight correction for clarity to option A.

    A) Move all uClibc v0.9 LEAF release/branch generic packages (.lrp)
    in bin/packages/uclibc and bin/pakcages/uclibc/0_9_15 to
    bin/packages/uclibc-0.9. Move all other files to bin/bering-uclibc.
)

We'll do, but it should be it is /bin/packages/uclibc-0.9.15.

Can anyone add a directory in /bin/packages?