Jorn;

Am Sonntag, 2. April 2006 23:27 schrieb Jorn Eriksen:
> KP & All,
>
> >>A default leaf.cfg like in the floppy images would be nice.
> >>Eric pointed to the modules problem (they are truncated in the latest
>
> image).
> I've taken the leaf.cfg from the floppy and converted to the stick image.
>
> I've also tried to create a partition on the stick using partition id b
> (W95 FAT32) as well as adding the vfat module and the ext2 module to the
> INITRD_USB.LRP file.  I can not get it to use full lenght file names in the
> menues.  Maybe it's a "cant see the forest for all the trees" kind of
> issue..

I've tested your image and it boots fine - as you siad it has no long names.

I think you have to replace "msdos" with  "vfat"  in syslinux.cfg and
leaf.cfg.
You also have to mount /dev/sda1 with -t vfat, once it is booted.

If I'm doing this with my image it does have long filenames

But I had some issues with your image on my WS (ubuntu 5.11):

I can't mount your image  - wrong fstype and syslinux tells me

./syslinux /dev/sda1
/dev/sda1: this doesn't look like a valid FAT filesystem

I have to reformat with mkfs.vfat to make it accessible again to my test runs.

So I suspect there is a pb with vfat in your image...? Did you format from
Windows?

The files on your image don't have long names; but with the changes above, I
can create long names on your device. So your half way done :)