Hello Erich,

> I want to make a small modification in the kernel configuration. What
> directory will these changes be made in, as it is neither in apps nor
> contrib. Basically the sources reside in
>
> $BUILDROOT/source/linux/
>

> the mods are done using menuconfig, which will make a modified .config in
> the linux subdirectory.
>
> So far so good, now I am trying to compile the kernel using this config
> file.
>
> .... ./buildtool.pl build kernel
>

> this sounds logical to me, but now nothing happens, buildtool appears to
> be happy with what it got, no need to do something. This is where I am
> stuck.

What I do mostly do in such cases is ./buildtool srcclean kernel and
./buildtool srcclean linux, copy the new .config to
buildtool/source/linux/Bering-2.4.32.config and ./buildtool.pl build
kernel.

The setup of "linux" and "kernel" is unlike other packages split in two
different setups because the linux source/headers are needed for buildenv
and buildenv is needed for building the kernel.

Eric