Hello Erich,

> A few questions before I dig deeper in the Bering uClibc stuff
>

> - after a ./buildtool.pl build kernel, where does the upx compressed
> kernel image go? Is it
>
> $BUILDROOT/buildtool/source/linux/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzlinux

It goes to $BUILDROOT/buildtool/build/kernel/

> I looked into the kernel patches
>

> - what are the various netfilter modules chosen?

What do you mean?

> - the patch for MPPE is quite an old patch, would it make sense to use a
> more recent one?

This is the latest patch known to me and has support for ppp-2.4.2+

> - the helper patch seems to be geared towards 2.4.29. Are
> these netfilter patches? - the netconfig patch appears to do similar stuff
> as the helper patches, what is the rationale to have this done apart?

The netfilter helpers patch is not geared towards 2.4.29, it just hasn't
changed since. It contains various helper netfilter modules, like
(conntrack) h323, mms, pptp, gre, quake3, talk, tuple and quota.
The netconfig patch extends the ability of the kernel config to modularize
some of the netfilter code.
The connmark adds the connmark netfilter code to the kernel.

The rationale behind this is grouping of functionality so individual
patches can be updated without creating a complete new patch. They are
also included in different moments in time.

> Thanks for your patience
>

> Erich

Eric