19.06.2011 17:20, Erich Titl пишет:
> Hi Andrew
>
> on 19.06.2011 16:01, Andrew wrote:
>> 19.06.2011 16:48, Erich Titl пишет:
>> I usually running rebuild from scratch (it takes some hours) with manual
>> removing of staging, source and so on.
>> Try to remove staging/i486-pc-linux-uclibc dir, and rebuild buildenv if
>> you want to rebuild only it.
> I want a working buildenv with possibly everything the way it was six
> hours ago. Having to rebuild everything from scratch does not really
> appeal to me, about the same as having to restart a Winblows machine
> after a driver install.

Removing staging/i486-pc-linux-uclibc (and possible i486-* in
staging/bin) doesn't help for you?
> Again, very frustrating. We need an environment which does not have to
> be rebuilt just because the kernel has changed.
>
> - a stable compile environment is mandatory
> - stable libraries (uClibc)
> - dependencies must be obeyed, e.g. dependencies of libraries from the
> kernel
>
> Maybe these are all legacy issues, still IMHO not acceptable and maybe
> this is the reason why we have so little contribution.
Toolchain and buildtool needs a lot of work - now toolchain is slightly
modified variant of 3.x branch (just updated and with small patches),
with a lot of ugly hacks and magic tricks. This will be rewritten - but
some later, now I haven't enough time (it may require 1-2 weeks).
> As to GIT, what is the easiest way to avoid conflicting changes in the
> repository? Creating a local branch of main/master.... whatever? Who
> does the merge and resolves conflicts?

Conflicts are resolved better than in CVS - GIT doesn't allow you to
overwrite file modified by somebody else. And merge is automatically
done if you
> How can we, for example, have most packages in the main branch and a few
> in another, then create objects from both?
New branch is based on main branch (or other remote/local branch). So if
there are changes in main branch - you can do rebase for your local
branch, to import changes into your branch.