Hi all,

just for your information, i have develop a script to store big binaries in git
repository.
With this we can have a full filesystem with all the versions like this:

4.1
├── 4.1/i386
│   └── 4.1/i386/pkg2.lrp
└── 4.1/x86_64
    ├── 4.1/x86_64/pkg1.lrp
    └── 4.1/x86_64/pkg3.lrp
5.1.2
├── 5.1.2/i386
└── 5.1.2/x86_64
    └── 5.1.2/x86_64/pkg5.lrp
5.1.3
├── 5.1.3/i386
│   ├── 5.1.3/i386/pkg2.lrp
│   └── 5.1.3/i386/pkg5.lrp
└── 5.1.3/x86_64
    └── 5.1.3/x86_64/pkg6.lrp

With just one command we can create the full filesystem locally (git clone
xxxxx) but all the files are only symlinks. So the download is really fast and
don't require space.
After that you can download the file you need by just on command.
As the system use git, if a package is use in different places only one copy
are store in the repository.

The repository of my script: https://github.com/JrCs/git-store

Regards,
Yves