How about using the file lrpkg.cfg according to the DCD format.  Not a lot of
difference between a CD and a flash other than R/W.

lrpkg.cfg has no limit.  It is is just a text line containing everything from
syslinux.cfg after the LRP=

it could look like this
etc,local,modules,ramlog,dhcpd,lbiz,sshd,,ifconfig,ipsec,ipsec509,weblet,psentry

If you want a file to load from the floppy instead of the flash use something
like libz:R