Simple add your <script> or commands in bootmisc.sh in /etc/init.d. This
is executed last on boot up.

Mohan

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of JeeBak Kim
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 5:46 PM
To: Lennard de Hoog
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] startup scripts

Hi there,

* Lennard de Hoog ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [020912 02:31]:
> Dan,
>
> Try putting your script in '/etc/init.d/' and link to it from
> '/etc/rc2.d/'
>
> Lenn'

The sym links in /etc/rc2.d, etc. are created dynamically
at bootup so any that you'd create will NOT be there the
next time you boot (I found this out the hard way ;).

You will need to create a RCDLINKS variable in your script.
Try:

  grep RCDLINKS /etc/init.d/*

to get an idea of how to do it.

> On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 08:28, brosky wrote:
> > Buna leaf-user,
> >
> >  I am using Bering latest.
> >   Where i can put some scripts to be executed at startup ?
> >
> >   Like, i want to do a network restart, and a pcmcia restart, after
> >   the firewall initialization, or something like that, and as far as
> >   look, only in rc.boot i can put them, but, i've put a file in it,
> >   with my sequence, and it doesen't execute it, even if it's 777
> >   chmod'ed, and #! /bin/sh
> >

> >   anyone help ? :)
[snip]