Hi Marc.  If the disk-on-chip is anything like my setup, the /hda1 device
will be the wrong device.

With Bering, it will probably be /nftla1.

Cheers,

      then each of us still has one object.

If each of us have one idea, and we exchange them,

      then each of us now has two ideas.
http://www.olgc.ca            888-345-7568 ext. 2210
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]        416-213-2210 (direct)

                      "Marc E. Fiuczynski"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>           To:       "Leaf User" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>
                      Sent by:                          cc:

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:  [leaf-user] syslinux
question: putting bering on a diskonchip
                      ceforge.net

                      06/03/2003 01:03 PM

Hi,

I've been following the instructions from the user manual for putting
berind
on a IDE drive. My IDE drive is a 64MB SanDisk diskonchip module. When I
execute the syslinux /dev/hda1 (or syslinux -s /dev/hda1) command I always
get a warning message about something with permissions being possibly set
wrong for /tmp. When I attempt to boot the system with the IDE drive, it
says it is missing the operating system. The linux kernel file is there, so
I assume this is a syslinux issue. After mounting /dev/hda1 I don't see the
ldlinux.sys file, and I am not even sure this should be there.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,
MArc