Or you can just install "Smart BootManager" on a floppy,boot the floppy and
redirect the bootprocess to your CD

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Erich Titl
Sent: dinsdag 10 juni 2003 9:03
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] boot floppy to boot Bering cdrom

Hi

At 17:00 09.06.2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>I don't have space on a single floppy for all the
>packages. So, I create a bootable ISO Bering CD but my
>pc does not support CDROM boot.
>
>Is there a floppy image available to just allow me to
>boot up from the floppy which then in turn to boot up
>the Bering ISO from the cdrom ?

Basically all you have to do is to include the ide and cdrom modules in
/boot/modules and /boot/etc/modules as specified in the Bering docs. You
can start with a stock bering floppy, strip it down to the barest minimum
and add the modules, then save initrd back to floppy, configure
syslinux.conf to load the packages from the appropriate media and you are
done.

HTH
Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024 8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16