Darcy Parker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
>Good day all,
>
>     I am using Leaf Bering (latest ver) and currently have my
>shorewall
>rules to allow a TightVNC connection only from a fixed IP address at
>work.
>
># DNAT to allow TightVNC from Work Only
>#
>DNAT    net:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx    192.168.1.100:5800    tcp    http
>DNAT    net:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx    192.168.1.100:5800    tcp    5800
>DNAT    net:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx    192.168.1.100:5900    tcp    http
>DNAT    net.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx    192.168.1.100:5900    tcp    5900
>
>    As I am going to be travelling with my laptop, I am woundering if
>there
>is a way to configure the rules to allow a TightVNC connection from a
>spefic
>MAC address as I will not know what my net IP address will be while I
>am
>away.
>
>If not from a specific MAC address, then is there another way?

You can't filter on the mac-address because the source and destination
mac-address becomes changed be every router(this is layer 2). Only the
source and destination ip-addresses (layer 3) stay the same.

Using it the way you do, is unsecure anyways! But i think you know it
already! :)
I would suggest using ssh and portforwarding. You can allow login with
private key only, which seems to be very secure and then you can tunnel your
http and vnc over the encrypted ssh session.

Cu
--
written with FeLaMiMail