Dear Erich,

thank you very much for your hints. Now I am shure that in my kernel source
installation the environment was a little bit confused.

So I installed the original Bering patched kernel source once more, and
compiled it with Jaques' original Bering-2.4.20.config.
After that I changed the processor type, added the hardware modules I need,
and compiled the kernel and the modules.

All these compilations were succesful.

hfc_pci.c, hfc_pci.h and hfc_pci.o can be found at
linux-bering-1.2/drivers/isdn/hisax/
But md5sum complains still, that it cannot open hfc_pci.
Evidently there is no file called hfc_pci.
md5sum should try to open hfc_pci.h or hfc_pci.c

So my questions, maybe a little bit OT:
where can I find the call for md5sum, so that I can correct it?
why is it called?

Thanks again, and regards

Thomas

* Erich Titl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [030925 08:25]: