* James Neave ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [031016 08:51]:
> Hello All,
>
> Compiling for Bering 1.2 and uClibc.
>
> Is it *only* possible to compile for Bering 1.2 with a Debian/slink
> installation?

You don't really need a separate Debian/slink "installation."  The UML
build environment ( http://leaf.sourceforge.net/devel/jnilo/uml.html )
works great.

> Or can I take, say, Mandrake 9 and compile with a target OS? Just tell
> it which Glibc to use for instance. And install a different gcc.
> Will that work?

You probably could do all that you say but why bother with all the
hassle and any unforeseen compatibility issues?  Do yourself a favor and
use the UML.  You can run it within your familiar Mandrake 9 system.

> And for uClibc, compile for them instead of Glibc.

Hmm... I'm not sure if there's a UML environment for uClibc.