On Wednesday 22 October 2003 02:26 am, Erich Titl wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am deploying Bering 1.2 systems as firewalls/VPN tunnel endpoints to
> build what they call extruded subnets in freeswan jargon
> Here a little bit of ASCII art
>
> client net
> 10.230.60.0/24 (for historical reasons)
> ¦
> 10.230.60.1
 Bering / customer VPN endpoint
> xx.xx.xx.xx (any old public address)
>
> internet
>
> xx.xx.xx.xx (any old public address)
> Bering / outer firewall / NAT / VPN endpoint
> 192.168.180.1
>
> DMZ 192.168.180.0/23
>
> 192.168.180.2
> Bering / inner firewall / 2 or 3 NICs
> 192.168.52.1-------------
>
> |  internal subnet
> |  192.168.52.0/22

Your largest problem is going to be routing unless the router is on a
192.168.0.0/16 subnet. Your NetBIOS traffic can't be routed on a /24
or through the second stage of NAT (between the DMZ/internal net)
without NAT-transversal.
--
~Lynn Avants
Linux Embedded Appliance Firewall Developer