ALParada wrote:
Hello, I'm trying to get Bering 1.2 to boot from the CD. I would also
like to keep a few packages on the floppy since I'm not finished with
them yet and i'm still making changes. I have gotten as far as getting
the CD to boot and I have a working config just like the floopies.
However when it gets to the point of loading the packages it looks
briefly at the FD and then just goes from the CD. I tried adding a
package:F to the isolinux file but to no avail. I tried adding an lrpcfg
file to the file with the new packages and the same thing. It looks like
it goes to read the FD finds nothing and goes on it's merry way. If I
use the individual floppies it works and like I said the CD also works.
Am I missing something? Does it not work the way I think it does? Below
I have included the contents of the isolinux.cfg. And yes it is on one
line.

display syslinux.dpy
timeout 0
default linux initrd=initrd.lrp init=/linuxrc rw root=/dev/ram0
boot=/dev/cdrom:iso9660 PKGPATH=/dev/cdrom:iso9660,/dev/fd0:msdos
LRP=root,etc:R,local,modules,iptables,libz,sshd,shorwall:R,snort:R,dnsca
che,tinyprox:R,sftp,ulogd,weblet:R,squid_2:R

If Bering is using the modified package loading scripts I created for Dachstein (which I believe is the case), your problem is with the boot= and PKGPATH= settings, above. You have the CD-ROM in both, but it should only be in one. Try the following:

boot=/dev/fd0:msdos PKGPATH=/dev/cdrom:iso9660

The naming of the boot= setting is somewhat misleading, due to historical reasons, and really indicates the location of your write-able media for storing configuration changes.

With the fixed boot= and PKGPATH= settings, if you have a package on both the CD-ROM and on the floppy, using package:R should load the package off the floppy and stop, ignoring whatever's on the CD-ROM.

From my Dachstein-CD README:
http://www.leaf-project.org/devel/cstein/files/diskimages/dachstein-CD/README.txt

package[:searchorder][,package[:searchorder]]

  package is an LRP package file (without the .lrp extension)
  searchorder controls the pakckage load behavior, and is one of:
    f forward search, load multiple packages *DEFAULT*
    F forward search, load first package found and stop
    r reverse search, load multiple packages
    R reverse search, load first package found and stop
      A "forward search" starts with the PKGPATH entries (read right to
        left) and looks at the boot= device last
      A "reverse search" starts with the boot= device, and goes through
        the PKGPATH entries (read left to right)

Note package:R looks at the boot= device first. By making boot= point to your CD, and adding your floppy drive to the PKGPATH= setting, you effectively reversed what would be the normal load order (CD first, floppy last) for a CD-ROM system with configuration stored on the floppy.

HTH,

--
Charles Steinkuehler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------------------------------- This SF. Net email is sponsored by: GoToMyPC GoToMyPC is the fast, easy and secure way to access your computer from any Web browser or wireless device. Click here to Try it Free! https://www.gotomypc.com/tr/OSDN/AW/Q4_2003/t/g22lp?Target=mm/g22lp.tmpl ------------------------------------------------------------------------ leaf-user mailing list: [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/leaf-user SR FAQ: http://leaf-project.org/pub/doc/docmanager/docid_1891.html