Simon

Eric Wolzak wrote the following at 22:39 10.12.2003:
Hello SImon, I am not that experienced with the ipsec so U forward this to the
list again

From: "Simon Chalk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Eric Wolzak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [leaf-user] Problem with manual IP route commands in Start file
Date sent: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:19:35 -0000

Hi Eric,

I have now discovered that the shorewall start file is not a good place to
put my ip route add commands. I am adding a manual route through the ipsec0
interface and I think shorewall is loading before ipsec, so the ipsec device
is not known at this stage.

Let me ask you why you need to add an additional route through the tunnel instead of including this in the tunnel definition. IPSec will happily add those routes for you.
If this is not possible at all, you will probably have to look at the leftupdown/rightupdown parameter for the connection.
Else the FreeSwan list is quite active and has many experts.

HTH
Erich

THINK
Püntenstrasse 39
8143 Stallikon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024  8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16