Richard Doyle wrote:

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 12:01, Victor McAllister wrote:

I have been running Bering 1.2 without a reboot for 270 days - had to take it down for network changes so decided to try uClibc 2.2.0_b3

I have two internal networks - both of which are served by dhcpd

I am trying to get dhcpd running - my /etc/dhcpd.conf file looks the same as the one I used in Bering 1.2

it reports it is listening and sending on eth2 and eth1
Then it says:
No subnet declaration for eth0 (209.204.165.73)
Please write a subnet declaration in your dhcpd.conf file for the network segment to which interface eth0 is attached.
exiting.

According to man dhcpd.conf:

"For  every  subnet  which will be served, and for every subnet to which
the dhcp server is connected, there must  be  one  subnet  declaration,
which  tells  dhcpd how to recognize that an address is on that subnet.
A subnet declaration is required for each subnet even if  no  addresses
will be dynamically allocated on that subnet."

I seem to recall that this requirement was not enforced
in some old versions of dhcpd, perhaps including the one used in Bering 1.2.

in etc/default/dhcp
it only says
INTERFACES="eth1 eth2"

Any ideas what changed in this uClibc  dhcpd 2.0p15-15

Running Bering 1.2 until I can figure out why it wants a subnet declaration for an interface it is not listening on.

Operator ERROR. I had transposed a couple of letters in "domian-server" in dhcp.conf script. I didn't see the error messages in dmesg and I was trying to start it by hand with "dhcpd start." The startup script is actually "dhcp start" in /etc/init.d. There is a binary dhcpd that apparently does not parse the word start.

ps now shows that dhcpd is running listening on two interfaces.  Thanks.