Hello Jim,

> Thanks Eric.
>

> I've looked at the above guide but noticed that it instructs that the
> resolv-file should point to /etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf. There isn't a dhcpc
> directory in my /etc! Should I create one and add an empty resolv.conf
> file in it? I tried pointing resolv-file=/etc/resolv.conf, but it didn't
> make any difference.

The etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf is only created when you use the dhcpcd package.
Because you didn't tell much about your setup I have to guess a bit:
-You have a dynamic ip-address from your provider:
You have to load dhcpcd.lrp and set dnsmasq to read /etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf
to load the provided DNS nameservers.
-You have a static ip-address:
You don't need dhcpcd.lrp, the nameservers will be read from
/etc/resolv.conf but you need to add them to /etc/resolv.conf by hand.

> The paragraph 3.8.2 in the doc says to uncomment a line in the
> /etc/shorewall/rules
> file. There's no line like the one described in my dist. Also as I've
> mentioned previously, I'm still uneasy about the actions in the
> /etc/shorewall/rules
> (eg AllowDNS, AllowSSH etc.) that aren't defined in the
> /etc/shorewall/actions file.

This is obsolete information, the latest versions of the shorwall packages
don't need this so you can ignore this part.

Eric