Howdy all,

I've tried to set my timezone via /etc/TZ file but it doesn't seem to work.
I can put this setting in EET-10EDT and the date command ALMOST outputs the
correct time (it's out an hour), so I tried EET-10EDT-11 but the output of
date switches to UTC time.

I dug around the web and came up with my complete line
EET-10EEDT-11,M10.5.0/02:00:00,M3.5.0/02:00:00

But when put in the TZ file (ensuring no line breaks at the end of the TZ
file etc), the output again is UTC.

My CMOS clock is set to UTC time.

I'm based in Victoria, Australia.

Can anyone shed some light on my issues (how can I debug the TZ to make sure
it's working, or know where to look to fix it).

Cheers
Ad