> So ... am I a masochist for wanting to delve into QoS (since I can just
> use the SPA for the QoS and lose my non-critical LEAF-as-PPPoE-login
> functionality)? I'm self-taught in all my other stuff and don't mind
> learning, but is QoS a /really/ nasty beast?
>
> Does anyone have a config used for VoIP that they could share to save me
> a bunch of work? Any How-To's kicking around?

Hi, I'm the lead developer on QBox.

I could work with you to isolate which exact packages and modules are
needed for you to load QBox on a non-WRAP box. I've been meaning to do
just this but havn't had the time. I've got a new version coming out
that will include support for iptables marking (fwmark) that will
allow port ranges (i.e. 10000-20000 in the case of SIP) to be
specified.

The P-75 should be enough horsepower for basic QoS on a 3Mb
connection. Implementing datagram level analysis would kill it though
(detecting Kazaa and stuff like that).

What you'll need in addition to a basic bering-uClibc LEAF build is is:
bridge.lrp
iptables.lrp
tc.lrp

You should then be able to modify and run this script:
http://www.cs.luc.edu/projects/comp412/q-box/docu/shapingScript

HTH,
-Ron