From: Eric Spakman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 8:05 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: 'Leaf-User '
Subject: Re: [leaf-user] DNS problems?

Hello Craig,

The only modification necessary, if you use dhcpc and want the integrated
dhcp daemon, is:
resolve-file=/etc/dhcpc/resolv.conf
and
dhcp-range=192.168.1.1,192.168.1.199,12h

See also:
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/bk02ch13.html
(especially http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/bk02ch13s08.html and
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/bk02ch13s05.html)

Eric

> Thanks, Luis.
>

> The only reason I made these changes is because my old Bering worked just
> fine this way...so I "thought" that must be why my new Bering doesn't!
> :-) I guess I'm wrong.
>

> Should I change things back to their default settings and then start
> troubleshooting from there? Do you think the default Bering DNS
> functionality should work "out of the box" without need for modifications
> for cable internet service (which is what I have)?
>
> Thank you,
> Craig

> From: "Luis.F.Correia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> Hi!

>>> 2.) I changed the resolve-file= line to read: