Michael McClure wrote:
> I have some wierd problems with my Dachstein box.  My wife is not able to
> load www.macys.com and www.jcrew.com.  She also has problems loading
> images on www.gymboree.com.  I'm sure there are others, but these are the
> ones she seen so far.  One thing it seems they all have in common is that
> they all use akamai for something or other -- DNS/Load Balancing,
> edgecaching of images, etc.  I fixed jcrew on my wife's computer by making
> a host entry in her hosts file that resolves to www.jcrew.com -- but all
> urls on jcrew's site use www.  I couldn't fix macys.com the same way
> because there is www.macys.com, www1.macys.com, www2.macys.com, etc and
> even when you ping www.macys.com, a couple different IP's come back.
>
> Does anybody know of anything I can do to fix this?  Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.

First check to see if the issue is with name resolution or talking to
the actual IP address(es).

IIRC, Dachstein drops traffic from several (at that time) unassigned IP
address ranges, and a number of these have been allocated in recent
years due to general lack of IP addresses (particularly outside the US).

--
Charles Steinkuehler