Hi

at 19.09.2014 10:35, kp kirchdoerfer wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 18. September 2014, 18:59:40 schrieb Timothy Wegner:
>> David wrote:

> Most probably it's the ehci-pci module (ehci-pci.ko.gz) which is missing. It
> is needed with the newer kernel in 5.1.
> You may add it grom the modules tarball to initmod.lrp.
>
> See
> http://bering-uclibc.zetam.org/wiki/Bering-uClibc_5.x_-_User_Guide_-_Advanced_Topics_-_Modifying_initrd.lrp
>
> how to modify initmod.lrp (It's written for initrd, but it's also valid for
> initmod).

For what it's worth, I never understood the rationale behind splitting
initrd, except for a few cycles on the server building it. It makes life
miserable for anyone using a boot loader which does not support multiple
initrd files. It probably needs more space for initrd storage and makes
debugging more difficult. I vote to go back to single initrd files.

cheers

Erich