On 10/23/2014 4:26 PM, Patrick Andersson wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have tried to install Bering-uClibc_5.1.2-beta1_i486_syslinux_serial19200
> to a CF card and boot an AMD K6 computer with 32 MB of memory. I have a
> video card inserted during the installation.
> I'm currently running Bering uClibc with kernel 2.4.33, can't remember the
> version, booted from a floppy disc on the same computer.
> I'm attaching the printout from the boot up.
> 1) Is 32MB enough of memory? If not, what cn I do?
> 2) Is the CF working OK or is there some trouble?
> 3) What should I do to get it up and running on the CF?
>
> Best Regards
> Patrick Andersson

What happened when you tried to boot 5.1.2b serial? Did you monitor the
booting through the serial port?

I think 32MB of ram is low. It is possible to run LEAF, but you will not
be able to use the find and extract modules feature at install unless
you readjust the memory usage during the install process.

https://www.mail-archive.com/leaf-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg24737.html

If your CF card is small, you will have to select only the required
packages and necessary libraries etc.

Why not pick up a low energy, used router. I bought a used three
ethernet ALIX board with case on ebay last week just as a spare.

Victor