25.10.2014 04:42, Patrick Andersson пишет:
> Yes. The attached file is the printout from the serial connection.
> How do I readjust the memory usage during the install process?
> What does "I will not be able to use the find and extract modules feature
> at install" mean?
This means module autoprobing ('f' in lrcfg menu).
> Everything fitted on the CF card, I think. Is there something in the
> printout from the boot that suggests that?
> How do I select only the required packages and necessary libraries?
> I don't want to buy new hardware. The old Bering uClibc is just using 10MB.
Old BuC uses old kernel with some limited features (for ex., it has
limited IPv6 support, worse network stack and so on).
I recommend you to disable IPv6 if you don't need it, enable zswap in
leaf.cfg (swap device on zram disk - it can slightly 'extend' your RAM),
and then - clean all unneeded driver modules in /lib/modules. This will
save 1-2 MB of valuable RAM.

>> On 10/23/2014 4:26 PM, Patrick Andersson wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> I have tried to install
>> Bering-uClibc_5.1.2-beta1_i486_syslinux_serial19200
>>> to a CF card and boot an AMD K6 computer with 32 MB of memory. I have a
>>> video card inserted during the installation.
>>> I'm currently running Bering uClibc with kernel 2.4.33, can't remember
>> the
>>> version, booted from a floppy disc on the same computer.
>>> I'm attaching the printout from the boot up.
>>> 1) Is 32MB enough of memory? If not, what cn I do?
>>> 2) Is the CF working OK or is there some trouble?