Hello again List, I just revised my calculations for the power, it turns
out assuming the current pulse is square add too much error, I integrated
the pulse manually on the scope using 18 samples separated by 0.1 mSec,
adding all that and spreading it over 8 mSec (= 1/60 cycles / 2 ), the
current pulse becomes equivalent to 460 ma. So the power consumed is now =
55.3 watts. This is slightly better than the previous figure of 81 watts.
At 7ยข a kwatt-hours this gives 34 canadian $. Ok I won't bug you'all with
that any longer...
jrb.